Gluten Free Chicken Cutlets
Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Cutlets
Crunchy, Tasty, and Healthy!
This delicious Low Carb, Gluten Free Breaded recipe is a staple in my house! I love serving this to guests and friends because this is what our crumbs were made for and was the staple recipe I started making Cooper's Crumbs with.
I remember being in a dorm wanting chicken nuggets but struggling to find ones made with healthy breadcrumbs ! Our Gluten Free Breadcrumbs make sure you're not missing out on taste or health, so give this recipe a try!
** If you are looking for a vegetarian or vegan option, you can bread Zucchini, Eggplant, Mushrooms, or Tofu!
For this recipe I'm using Boneless Chicken Breasts as it is my go to source for lean protein. That being said you can be creative and swap it out for something different!
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of Cooper’s Crumbs I especially like using the Savory Italian Blend
- Oil for frying
- Beat the egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour Cooper’s Crumbs in a dish that is suitable for dipping and coating.
- Dip the pieces of chicken in the beaten egg and then in the Cooper’s Crumbs and press together firmly to ensure good adhesion and form a uniform coating of Cooper’s Crumbs.
- Heat the oil to a medium-high temperature in a pan (the level of the oil should be one half the thickness of the schnitzels).
- Fry the schnitzels 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove from the oil and set on paper towels.
You can always double this recipe, make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken to avoid any food borne illnesses! Additionally I usually bake not pan fry this as pan frying can tend to be a bit tedious to clean up!
Please send any photos or comments on how your Gluten Free dish came out!