Gluten Free Cauliflower
Low Carb Breaded Cauliflower
A delicious and easy twist on the ever versatile vegetable
Cauliflower is everywhere today, and it could be due to its incredible health benefits which include:
- Low Calories
- Great source of Vitamin C
- Low in Carbohydrates
-Great source of Anti- Oxidants
- Great source of Fiber which studies have shown are linked to strengthening our bodies ability to fight off illnesses!
And if thats not enough of a reason to sell you, it is is one of those foods that has so many uses: Cauliflower Pizza, Cauliflower Rice, Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, etc.
But why I love this vegetable so much is because when cooked properly, it is delicious and tastes way too good to be healthy! Thankfully now you can bread cauliflower and not worry about the added carbohydrates!
While most people who want to keep Cauliflower in its regular form opt for just throwing some spices and oil on it and roasting it in the oven, breaded cauliflower is a total game changer. Since our breadcrumbs are low in carbohydrates, it maintains and even enhances the health benefits experience of having a dish like cauliflower. For this recipe, Any Flavor of crumbs work, but I usually go with the Crumbs with a Cayenne Kick because I like a little more heat!
Other breaded gluten free recipes sacrifice your nutrition goals, but not here so check out this recipe and enjoy!
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups of Cooper’s Crumbs (Any Flavor works, but I usually go with the Crumbs with a Cayenne Kick because I like a little more heat
- 2 heads of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Place Cooper’s Crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in egg mixture to coat, then dip each floret into Cooper’s Crumbs to coat; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender and lightly browned, turning once, about 40 minutes.