Breaded Pan Fried Tilapia
Breaded Pan Fried Tilapia, Healthy and delicious!
The once bland fish is no more! Tilapia topped with our breadcrumbs complete this dish and make it a great addition to a salad or as the main dish for your next meal.
In general, fish is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals! But often times I find it difficult to make cook it so the fish taste is not so strong and so that I don't overcook it!
In order to keep this dish healthy and not add unnecessary carbohydrates or preservatives; as well as make this dish delicious, we are using the Crumbs with a Cayenne Kick. If you find that you don't have the palette for spicy, you can always substitute it with any of our other flavors, click here to see all of our other breadcrumbs: https://cooperscrumbs.com/collections/all
-1 cup of Crumbs with a Cayenne Kick
- Oil for frying, I use avocado oil because it has a high smoke point.
- 4 Tilapia Fillets
- Make sure your tilapia fillets are dry, if you have defrosted them, make sure to dry them off with a paper towel!
- Once your fillets are dry, beat your egg and put it in a separate bowl
- On a paper or ceramic plate, put your breadcrumbs, I'm specifically using Crumbs with a Cayenne Kick for this great recipe!
- Just like you would bread your chicken or any other dish, follow the same progression: Soak your tilapia fillets in the beaten egg which is in the bowl and then shake off some of the egg and bread on the plate. Make sure to press down the tilapia on both sides so you get as much breadcrumbs on the fish as possible!
- Heat your pan with a good oil for frying. I love to use Avocado oil! It depends on how deep you want to fry these fillets, I like to only pour in enough oil so that it covers the bottom layer!
- Once your pan is heated, drop your fillets in carefully one at a time. If you are using a smaller pan you should probably not do all the fillets at once.
- Now that the fish is frying, make sure to not have your heat on too high, you don't want to burn the fish, specifically that crispy coating.
- The fish should fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side, if you are nervous if it is not done cooking, you can always finish baking in the oven!
- To cut through the richness of this dish I like to serve it with some salad greens and maybe a dressing or sauce on top!
- Plate and enjoy!